I am a lawyer practicing business law, real estate law, intellectual property law (patents, trademarks, copyright, licensing), and litigation in the Greater Toronto Area.
For more information, visit http://www.davidlam.ca.
- RT @asymco: Advertising spending 2012: $million Dell: 800 Apple: 1000 HP: 1000 Microsoft: 1600 Coca Cola: 3342 Samsung Electronics: 4335 1 month ago
- New Blog Post: Telus records all your texts bit.ly/YM6z65 1 month ago
- US Supreme Court upholds first-sale doctrine in textbook resale case | Ars Technica ars.to/ZdIAMd 2 months ago
- ‘Canada will never be a safe haven for zombies, ever’ flip.it/kSU1d 3 months ago
- "Have you ever fired a gun?" Obama: "Yes", and here's the smoking gun to prove it bit.ly/WftGXx 3 months ago
Tag Cloud.ca Domains Access to Information Bill C-32 Business Business Methods Buying A Condo Buying A Home Consumer Rights Consumer Safety Copyright Reform Domain Names Education Employer Rights Evidence Fair Dealing Fair Use Infringement IP Kik Licensing Litigation Methods of Medical Diagnosis News Partnerships Patented Medicines Patent Reform Privacy Real Estate Selling A Home Spam Startups Statutory Interpretation Tax US Law US Supreme Court Validity Worker Rights
Tag Archives: Startups
Research and development is expensive, and as an innovative entrepreneur you need all the financial help you can get. One of the best things you can do for your startup financially is to apply for the Scientific Research and Experimental … Continue reading
You’ve got a great idea for a business, and you’re eager to get started. You don’t have a lot of start-up funds, and you want to ensure that most of your funds stay in your business. When should you incorporate? … Continue reading
When you buy a mobile phone, do you look for a phone with a full QWERTY keyboard, or do you look for a BlackBerry? When you buy a handbag, do you look for a leather handbag with zippers, or do … Continue reading
Many first-time inventors are surprised at the costs and time involved in obtaining a patent. “Why is a patent so expensive to obtain and takes so many years to issue?”, they ask. Because all patents applications must be carefully prepared … Continue reading